Monday, January 24, 2011

The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner

The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner

Wow. I couldn’t put this book down. I’m now really annoyed that I didn’t start reading this author earlier! Gardner is the queen of the twisty plot and red herrings. I couldn’t figure out what was important, what wasn’t and exactly what was going on.

In a nutshell this is the story of a woman who goes missing. Her husband insists that she would never leave her four-year-old daughter behind alone. So where is she? Of course the husband is the prime suspect, and the registered sex offender down the street could be looking good for it too… Is she dead? Has she been kidnapped? Did she just walk out? This book will keep you guessing until the very end…

And, in my opinion rightfully so, this book is an award winner. It was awarded Best Hard Cover Novel from the International Thriller Writers in 2010.