Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Missing by Sarah Langan

The Missing by Sarah Langan

Planning on spending your summer vacation in the woods of Maine?  If so, I recommend NOT reading this book.  If you are going to Maine and want to get completely creeped out while on vacation, then by all means, go ahead and read it.  Just don’t be blaming me for your nightmares!

Through a bunch of odd circumstances a virus is unleashed on the small Maine town of Corpus Christi.  It’s bad.  Very bad.  I liked that this wasn’t a mindless zombie infection sort of thing.  These infected were scary because they could think and know things they shouldn’t know.  The book doesn’t go where you think it is going, the author does some new things with the disease/virus horror plot that I haven’t seen too often, and it did give me the chills.  This is a bleak, dark, gory story that I’m guessing only horror fans will enjoy.