Monday, May 21, 2012

Live Wire by Harlan Coben

I have read almost all of Coben’s standalone thrillers, but have never read a Myron Bolitar mystery.  I figured it was about time I did! 

Myron is a sports and entertainment agent handling all the trials and tribulations of his client’s lives.  When former tennis champion Suzze T sashays into his office eight-months pregnant asking Myron to help find her missing rocker star husband he leaps to the rescue.  Things don’t go as he hoped.  It’s a complex plot, but easy to follow, and anything I say here is going to give too much away.  I wasn’t lost even though I knew nothing about the characters, but I can see how this book built on the ones before.

The most fun I’ve had listening to a book this year.  It was laugh out loud funny at times, and very serious at others.  I LOVED the New York and New Jersey accents -- over the top in a great way.