Monday, September 17, 2012

The Absent One by Jussi Adler-Olsen

The Absent One by Jussi Adler-Olsen

Department Q, a division of the Danish police assigned to investigating cold cases, is being steered towards its next project.  A closed case file is left on Inspector Carl Mǿrck’s desk.  He isn’t supposed to be solving cases which were already solved, but this one doesn’t seem as tidy and tied up as it should be.  But why would a man confess to a horrific double murder ten years after the fact unless his did it and couldn’t live with the guilt?  What other reason could there be? 

I wrote recently about the book The Keeper of Lost Causes.  I enjoyed it so much I instantly put the sequel on hold.  I was disappointed that the reader was not the same, but the book was so good that I found myself not caring after the first disc.  I eagerly await the next installment.