Friday, August 22, 2014

Well-Schooled in Murder by Elizabeth George

Well-Schooled in Murder by Elizabeth George

Partners Thomas Lynley and Barbara Havers are called upon to investigate the murder of a young boy in the English countryside.  He was a resident at a prestigious boarding school yet his nude body was found in a graveyard quite a distance away.  Who would want to kill a young boy?  How did his body end up where it did?  What is going on at the school that everyone seems to want to ignore?

I know many fans of Elizabeth George, but had never gotten around to reading one myself until this week.  I’m glad I took the time to read one!  It was a well-crafted mystery (though I think one of the major clues was overlooked by the detectives for much of the narrative that was screaming out at me).  I also enjoyed the personal lives of the characters.  Even though this is a series I didn’t feel like I missed something.  These storylines didn’t overwhelm the mystery, but added to the book by developing the characters.  I will probably read another one in the series some time soon.