Friday, May 5, 2017

Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel

Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel

The sequel to Sleeping Giants finally arrived! I’ve been waiting a year and I wasn’t disappointed. I actually screamed aloud “Wait! What? NOOO!” at one point as well as laughed and gasped on numerous occasions. This was a great book, but it is a sequel -- you’ll need to read the first to enjoy the second. What I loved most about this book was my utter inability to see what’s going to happen next. 

If you enjoy a book that makes you think; a book that makes you angry and flummoxed; a book that makes you smile; a book told non-traditionally in interviews, diary entries and transcripts; a book that makes the impossible seem real; a book that takes the phrase what-if and runs a million miles with it, please give this series a chance.