Thursday, July 27, 2017

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan

Lydia Smith is content with her life as a bookseller at the eclectic Bright Ideas Bookstore in downtown Denver, until the night she finds one of her favorite patrons, Joey, dead by suicide in a secluded corner of the store. Joey’s death, and his possessions he willed to her, send Lydia on a search for Joey’s family and at the same time Lydia is forced to confront events in her past that she has been running from for the past two decades.

I’m not exactly sure what I expected, but this book wasn’t it. I’m very glad about that though because this was a really good read. It turns into two mysteries in one and one of the mysteries...I’m not going to clue you in about that one. You need to read it, and gasp like I did, to find out.

Another great choice on audiobook!