Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James

A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James

I don’t know about you, but I am a sucker for any type of fairy tale retelling. I love them. I must admit I really don’t like The Wizard of Oz (I know, the horror!) but I really enjoyed reading Wicked. Same with the Cinderella myth. I have a serious problem with a dude that can only recognize his true love (because that nasty dress she’s wearing disguised her so well) when the glass slipper fits on her dainty little foot. Whatever. This is why I like the movie Ever After so much, as well as this book, A Kiss at Midnight.

Things haven’t been the same for Kate since her father died ten years ago. Her stepmother and stepsister have been whiling away the hours at the dressmaker as Kate slaves away maintaining the family holdings. Then, disaster strikes. Kate needs to impersonate her stepsister at the prince’s betrothal ball.


Let’s face it, we all know how the story will end and some of the stops the story will take along the way. Yet the author really makes the story exciting, fresh, sassy and sexy. If you’re in the mood for a Regency romp, you can’t do much better than this.