Wednesday, April 6, 2011

At First Sight: A Novel of Obsession by Stephen J. Cannell

At First Sight: A Novel of Obsession by Stephen J. Cannell

In the mood for something creepy? Then this is the book for you. Charles “Chick” Best Jr. was on top of the world, but his star is falling: his dot-com is on the brink of bankruptcy, his wife is only concerned with her biceps and her personal trainer and his daughter is dating the head of a biker gang. While this very unhappy family is on vacation in Hawaii Chick meets the woman of his dreams. He knows at first sight that she is the one for him.


So begins a novel of obsession made all the creepier from being told from the stalkers point of view… This was a great listen – Scott Brick is one of my favorite readers and he does a great job. I have to admit, I don’t think I would have enjoyed this tale so much if I read it.


Stephen J. Cannell, a regular on the television show Castle, and the co-creator of television shows such as The A-Team, Hunter, 21 Jump Street and more, passed away late last year, but I recommend reading some of the books he managed to squeeze in and write while creating extremely popular television shows.