Monday, March 19, 2012

Defending Jacob by William Landay

Defending Jacob by William Landay

Andy Barber is the ADA in a suburb of Boston working on a case that has the entire community aghast.  A middle school student, who attends school with his son, has been murdered – stabbed to death in a local park.  Andy is looking at the alibis of local sex offenders when a new suspect is brought in: his own son Jacob.  With this accusation the lives of the Barber family and the entire town are turned upside down.

This is by far the BEST legal thriller I have ever read.  I really like the genre so I’ve read quite a few but I’ve never read one that combined court transcripts, investigations and family turmoil so well to such great effect.  If you’re looking for a compelling, not quite sure where it’s going, fast paced read I can’t recommend this one enough.