Monday, March 16, 2015

Dinosaur 13 (Documentary)


Yes, I’m blogging a movie.  I’ve been told that I watch some odd movies that no one has ever heard of so I’ve decided to add them here when I watch something out of the norm and enjoy it.

When I walked in the Field Museum of Chicago with some friends over a decade ago I immediately screamed “Sue!” and went running towards her.  My friends didn’t know what I was talking about.  “It’s Sue,” I screamed jumping around and pointing up at the huge dinosaur, “everybody knows Sue!”  They shook their heads at me incredulously with what looked disturbingly like pity for my affinity for quirky things.  Thankfully I was saved by an eavesdropping seven year old, who almost snarled, “She’s right, EVERYBODY knows Sue.”  I was vindicated.

If you are as enthralled with Sue as I am you must watch this movie.  If you don’t know what I’m talking about, Sue is the thirteenth Tyrannosaurus Rex ever found and to this day she’s the most complete T. Rex fossil ever discovered.  She was also the center of an ENORMOUS amount of litigation that, in my opinion, was ludicrous.  I’m thankful that I got to see Sue in Chicago, but I think she belongs in South Dakota.  Watch the movie and come to your own conclusion.