Friday, March 20, 2015

Terms and Conditions May Apply (Documentary)


I know, I know.  Another movie?!  Not just another movie, another documentary!  I’m not a documentary viewer typically but this one seemed interesting when I read the blurb.  Glad I decided to give it a watch.

The whole movie centers around all those AGREE buttons that we click when we get an iTunes, Facebook, Google or whatever account agreeing to their terms and conditions.  These corporations stand behind these terms and conditions knowing full well that no one actually ever reads the whole thing.  What exactly are you agreeing to when you click?  This film goes through the ins and outs of these agreements and also talks about privacy (actually the lack of privacy) in the modern age.  A real eye-opening documentary that is extremely well crafted; entertaining and informative and frightening.