Friday, April 10, 2015

Goodnight, Darling (Foreign Film / Norwegian)

Goodnight, Darling (Foreign Film / Norwegian)

I know, I know, another movie?  Where are the books?!  I currently have four books started and lying about my house, all about halfway done.  For some reason I can’t stick with just one!  Hopefully I’ll have a couple finished this weekend to write about next week.  I did do some other reading this week though: the captions of this three hour mini-series.

Terje is a down on his luck piano tuner that spontaneously steals a video camera from the backseat of a car at a gas station after the owner of the car snubs him.  Playing with his new toy while tuning a piano at a client’s home he inadvertently captures a neighbor, Per Raglo, murdering his wife.  The wife is reported missing and then is found dead of an apparent suicide.  Discovering that Raglo is a well off businessman involved in real estate Terje decides to blackmail him and things go wrong from there.

I am not a fan of reading my movies, but I have discovered that I really enjoy Scandinavian television series, especially mysteries.  They twist and turn in ways that are unexpected and manage to infuse humor at odd points as well.  Even though you know Terje should just have brought his evidence to the police (but he feels he can’t do that because he stole the video camera) you want him to succeed in his money making scheme and come out okay in the end.