Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Kill Me Three Times (Action/Dark Comedy Film from Australia– Starring Simon Pegg)

Kill Me Three Times (Action/Dark Comedy Film from Australia– Starring Simon Pegg)

This is the story of an assassin hired to kill someone.  Oddly enough, he doesn’t seem to be the only one with the target in his sights.

Many review sites have hated this movie, and I’m pretty glad I didn’t consult them prior to choosing to see it.  I loved the way this film was constructed.  It starts at the middle, goes to the beginning and ends with, well, the end.  I didn’t think this sort of storytelling would work in a visual medium but it works remarkably well.  A friend described it as Australian Tarantino, which gives you a clue to the dark humor and that you'll see plenty of interesting shots of arcs of blood as well.  Not as gory as a typical Tarantino, but the main character is an assassin, so you have to expect some violence.  Because of the construction, and how the story is revealed, I can’t say too much more without giving away more of the plot than I should. 

BTW: The last shot in the movie is absolutely priceless.