Thursday, November 17, 2016

Schneider vs. Bax (Foreign Film - Dutch)

Schneider vs. Bax (Foreign Film - Dutch)

I currently have four books started and I’m anxious to finish them all, so of course I sat down and watched a movie a couple of evenings ago instead.  (In my defense there are holds on the film and I wanted to make sure the next person got it on time!)

Schneider just wants to be home with his wife and kids and help them with the preparations for a dinner party because it is his birthday.  But duty calls.  The client wants an author, who happens to be a child killer, brought to swift justice. His family thinks he works on boats but Schneider is a contract killer.  He figures that this will be an easy job, but this is one writer that is going to be very hard to kill.

Almost all foreign thrillers I’ve seen manage to mix dark humor, off the wall characters, and really odd plot twists.  This one really goes overboard on all three and makes for an entertaining, dark story.  Will Bax finally die allowing Schneider to enjoy his birthday cake?  Or was this birthday morning Schneider’s last?