Friday, November 4, 2016

Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple

Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple

Today Eleanor is going to do things differently.  She’s going to start the day off right, and not let the day fall apart.  But today is not a normal day.  Today would be challenging for anyone.  A great humorous novel dealing with serious issues from the author of Where’d You Go, Bernadette?

Eleanor is a hot mess.  I found it difficult to understand why she’s such a mess since she seems to be living an idyllic life until you start to learn about what makes her tick.  Gradually she started to make more sense to me and I found myself hoping that her life got straightened out and fast!  Life is messy. Some lives are messier than others.  The more lives you connect to your own the messier life gets. But while the mess is hard to deal with, the people in your life are so much more important than dealing with a mess.  

This was the best audiobook I’ve listened to in a long while.  I was laughing out loud.  The reader is really great and fun and makes the whole book come alive. If you are an audiobook lover, or are thinking of trying an audiobook, don’t miss this one!