Monday, January 9, 2017

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty

Neighbors and their friends are invited to a barbeque. Something happens. Something bad. Something that has a ripple effect through everyone present that day and all the members of the three families at the get together. 

Like in Big Little Lies we know something happened but don’t know what happened until very far into the book. Unlike that book though I was able to guess not only what the horrible incident was, but also some of the shocking (well, not to me anyway) elements surrounding the incident. The characters were well developed, I felt like I really got to know them; what made them tick and react to circumstances the way they did. Some of the characters were so fun or interesting I kind of wish they would show up in another book.

It was an entertaining listen, especially the Australian accents, and despite knowing what was going on before I should have, the characters kept me interested in their stories.