Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I’ll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

I’ll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark

Zan is running a successful interior design business and trying to keep her life on track while using every spare cent to pay private detectives to find her son.  Her three year old son, Matthew, was kidnapped in Central Park and no leads have ever been uncovered.  Until now.  It’s Matthew fifth birthday and Zan has never lost hope that he is out there alive somewhere wanting to come home.  A tabloid has just published pictures showing a woman lifting a sleeping Matthew from his stroller on that fateful day: a woman that looks exactly like Zan.

This book really keeps you guessing.  You, and Zan, start to wonder if she could have actually done it since the evidence is overwhelming!  At least until her friend Alvirah decides to start retracing Zan’s steps that day her son was taken from the park. 

I have to admit, I wasn’t a fan of Clark’s recent books.  I decided to give her one last try.  She’s won me back and I’m looking forward to her next novel.