Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gone Missing by Linda Castillo

Gone Missing by Linda Castillo
Reviewed by Kay, Libarian at the Bridgewater Library

I must admit that this book caught my eye as I was looking for the popular title, Gone Girl.

I found Linda Castillo‘s book well written and the opening pages concerning a suicide drew me into the story.   I enjoyed the background information concerning the Amish and their culture.  The lead investigator is Kate Burkholder who was brought up Amish and is asked to help with the investigation of some missing Amish teens.   It read like a CSI crime story and the crimes and the police work made for a suspense-filled story.  Kate is a strong character dedicated to solving crime, but she also has a sad, disturbing background.  

This was my first Linda Castillo novel and I will read more by her.