Monday, October 29, 2012

White Horse by Alex Adams

White Horse by Alex Adams

White Horse, a genetic disease that mixes up our DNA, is on the loose and there is no cure.  You may end up growing a tail, an extra heart in your throat or regenerative abilities.  Eighty percent of humans die from the disease.  Ten percent never get sick.  Ten percent live, but are no longer what we know as human.

The world as we know it is about to end, and has already ended.  There are two storylines in this book each following the same main character: Now and Then.  Now is about 18 months after things got really bad.  Then is the time, maybe a year or so before Now, leading up to the end.  It’s a neat way to tell the story.

I’m still trying to figure out whether or not I enjoyed this book.  I think enjoy is the wrong word for apocalyptic fiction – it made me think; that is the way these books are appreciated.  And yes, this one did indeed make me think.