Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey


Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey

Life is pretty good in the silo as long as everyone follows the rules.  Thousands of people live there, in harmony, underground, with a slight view at the top of the outside world.  However, there are things that may not be said.  Things that can not be wished.  Never ask to leave.  If you do, you may be sent outside.

I can’t say too much about this book except to say that it was gripping, well-written and mind boggling.  I couldn’t put it down.  The author reveals more and more about the silo, its creation and its mission, in very small doses, enough to keep you guessing and completely intrigued.

Originally self-published in five installments I am thrilled that I waited to read them all at once.  I would have been devastated to get to part three or four and had to have waited for more!  This is definitely an author to watch.