Friday, December 2, 2016

The Spinster’s Guide to Scandalous Behavior by Jennifer McQuiston

The Spinster’s Guide to Scandalous Behavior by Jennifer McQuiston

Lucy is not looking forward to her debut one bit.  Society and all that goes with it do not interest her at all.  So when her aunt whom she only met once leaves her a cottage in Cornwall (and her diaries on how to be a great spinster) Lucy knows she has to check out the property quick before her father sells her inheritance to a greedy marquess.  A handsome marquess who is not at all what she expected, which is only fair because Lucy, a lady wearing pants for their first meeting, is not what he was expecting either. 

Winner of the Historical Love and Laughter award from Romantic Times this year I didn’t love this one as much as the last one RT recommended which I read. I’m not a big fan of the ‘being alone is oh so lonely so having a man in your life makes things oh so much better’ ending so that may have colored my feelings but it’s a romance so that’s what I expected.  Also I wanted to smack a couple of people upside the head a few times because how could you not know that this person standing next to you was your perfect match?!  Argh!  The book did keep my interest and I kept turning the pages so all in all it was a fun historical romance.